Monday, October 1, 2012

A new bed for Jordan?!

So, I saw this beautiful loft bed on Pitnerest a while back and fell in love with it. I showed it to Jordan and she asked, "Can I have a big bed so that I can touch the ceiling?!" Apparently good taste is genetic. ;) Here's the bed we saw:



After some investigating, I found out this was a Pottery Barn bed, and it came with a "Pottery Barn price". Now, I have a Pottery Barn dining room set, however I bought it used for $250... new, that's what one of the chairs cost and I would NEVER pay that much even if I could afford it; okay, maybe if I could totally afford it! ;)
So, I began looking around, and turned to one of my favorite places: http://ana-white.com/ Ana is an amazing woman! She can build just about anything, by designing her own plans, and then she posts them for FREE on her website. Hello! Thank you Ana! On her website I found plans for a loft bed that she was inspired to make after Pottery Barn came out with their bed. (Girl after my own heart!) They look a little something like this:


Needless to say, SOLD! :) Justin... ehh, luke warm on the idea of building a bed that's going to put his 3 year old 6 feet in the air. So, we've put it off. And put it off. And put it off some more. UNTIL, I found this:


Thank you AGAIN Ana White!! It's like a little kid version of her loft bed, with super easy steps and 1 rung ladder to get into it! :) LOVE! And I even have Justin on-board to build it! :) BONUS! After all, I would hate to have to try and operate his saws by myself (mostly because he would just throw his hands in the air and take over anyway)! It's easier just to have him on my team from the get-go! ;) LOL!

So, the plan is we will paint it white and she can have a whole Barbie world underneath! Now, with this project, we also have to take down some shelving... that needs a new "home". The shelves will be moved into her closet to facilitate a new closet organization system... since we already have them, why not! We also have 1 (which equals 2 in reality) more project that will come of this, but you'll have to wait for that one! :)

Now, it's time to BUILD, buy a mattress, and shop for bedding (at least sheets)... thankfully she has some pretty talented family in Ohio that have made her HUGE blankets that she loves and that keep her warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment